The Open Room, offering home furnishings for indoor and outdoor living, is located in Ketchum, Idaho near the resort of Sun Valley, Idaho. We are a small, independent, family-owned business. Our goal is to provide our clients with honest, personal, friendly service. In our design approach we strive to create indoor and outdoor rooms that are warm and welcoming, aesthetically pleasing, and functional. We represent a limited number of manufacturers that have been carefully selected by our staff for their product design, quality and value. We can special order just about any product from the companies with whom we have established relationships, so our staff is happy to work with you on custom orders as well as items that are in stock. Just call us if you don’t find what you are looking for on our website! 208-622-0222
The Open Room is a specialist in outdoor furniture and rooms. We are proud to offer the products of prestigious lines such as Gloster
, Kingsley Bate
, Barlow Tyrie
, Summer Classics
, OW Lee
, Queen of Love, Loll Designs
, Brown Jordan
, Treasure Garden
, Janus et Cie
, and more! All of which offer beautiful furniture in a variety of materials. Naturally we also offer a full range of outdoor cushions (including custom sizes and fabrics) as well as umbrellas.
Our interior lines reflect the philosophy that simplicity of design, beautiful materials and functionality add value to your life. Our European brands such as Gervasoni and Paola Lenti of Italy, exemplify this principle. North American designers such as Dellarobbia
share this European focus on clean lines and the concept of “less is more.” We also feature furnishings from local Idaho craftsman, as well. These craftsman create unique pieces of furniture that combine the rustic and organic qualities of beautifully grained woods with the flair of contemporary design. All these companies create furniture that work beautifully in a variety of different settings, allowing you to mix styles and to create rooms that fit your lifestyle.
As a specialist in creating outdoor rooms, The Open Room is available for individual design consultations in Idaho. For all of our clients we are pleased to help you with custom or special orders from any of the manufacturers we currently work with.
Larger discounts than what are posted on our website may be available for purchases over $7,000. Please contact us at the store for more information. Please note that such special discounts are tied to a particular dollar value and/or a particular product, and may not apply in other circumstances.
Any action relating to the use of the Web Site, mobile applications, or any transaction with Open Room must be brought in the state or federal courts located in the County of Blaine, Idaho, USA. You consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of any such action. That means the seat of any arbitration shall be Blaine County, Idaho. For any actions not subject to arbitration, you and Open Room agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of a state court located in Blaine County, Idaho.
Special Order purchases are final. Required deposits are non-refundable.Shipping charges may apply. All additional charges due at time of delivery. Delivery dates cannot be guaranteed.
Shipping receipt instructions
- Upon receipt of the shipment, the boxes must be counted and checked for damage by you or one of your representatives.
- Any discrepancy in the count, as well as any external damage to the cartons (dents, holes, etc) must be noted specifically on the shipping delivery receipt by the individual responsible for signing for the shipment. (For example: “2 boxes dented or damaged”, or “3 boxes missing”). Naturally any damage to the furniture items themselves should be noted as well.
- Even if there are no visible signs of damage to the cartons or pieces missing from the count, and the boxes are not all unpacked immediately, the shipping receipt should be signed as follows: “Subject to inspection”. (If the delivery company is unwilling to accept a receipt signed “Subject to inspection”, then they must wait while the boxes are opened and the items are inspected by you or your representative.)
- You must keep a copy of this shipping receipt, on which any exceptions or damage are clearly noted.
- Take digital photos of any damaged items as well as the cartons they came in. Damaged cartons must be kept until notified otherwise by us or the shipping company. You may use your phone or a camera.
- The Open Room must receive information on any damage within 24 hours of receipt of the shipment. (Our freight forwarder will not accept claims after 3 days.) The information must include:
- Copy of the shipping receipt signed by you or your representative, noting any damage or count discrepancy or “subject to inspection.”
- Photos of each damaged carton and damaged pieces.
- Detailed description of the damage.
The Open Room can only be responsible for filing shipping claims and replacing any damaged items if these procedures are followed as outlined above.